LeMieux ProCool Cold Water Boots - Black
- How to fit a Horse Rug
LeMieux ProCool Cold Water Boots - Black
Cold Water Boots
- Simple & easy way to cool legs after XC, work or injury.
- Unique water reactive crystals within boots swell & retain cold when soaked in water.
- Contoured shape supports the fetlock & tendon preventing slipping.
- Always consult vet if symptoms persist.
- Can be re-used multiple times.
- Sold in Pairs.
Directions For Use
- Soak for 2-4 hours prior to first use or after long periods in dry storage.
- Some residue may appear on the surface of the boot, this is not harmful and can enhance the cooling effect.
- Soak in cold water for 1hr + prior to use (out of direct sunlight)
- Add ice to water when available, the colder the water, the better the effect
- Can be placed wet in fridge but NEVER freeze boots
- Tighten velcro straps firmly, starting at the top, readjust when in position.
- Best therapeutic effect is gained after multiple 20-30 minute sessions.
- Let boots dry out prior to storage
- Re-soak for 2-3hrs after long periods of inactivity.
A horse rug is an essential part of caring for your horse and a rug that fits correctly is key to protect your horse and keep them safe and comfortable.
Measuring your horse
Feet and Inches
To measure your horse, use a soft tape measure and measure from the centre of the chest to the end of the buttocks.
To measure your horse for a rug with European sizing (cm) measure from the withers, across the back to the top of the tail.
Fitting a rug
The rug should fit well over the withers and the shoulders so that the horse can move freely without the rug slipping back.
The straps should be tight enough to hold the rug in place, but not so tight that they cause the rug’s shape to distort on the horse’s back. If too tight they may cause pressure points around the horse’s chest and wither area.
Cross surcingles should be fastened so you can fit a hand’s breadth between the surcingles and the horse’s body. This means that the straps are tight enough to prevent legs becoming caught should the horse lie down, but not so tight to cause discomfort.
If the rug has leg straps, they should be fastened so that the left strap is passed around the left hind leg and fastened back to the left side. The right strap should then pass around the right hind leg, loop through the left strap, and then fasten to the right side. There should be about 4-5” between the strap and the horse’s leg to prevent the rug slipping without causing the horse any discomfort.
Customs Charges and Import Duties
If you place an order with us and you are outside the EU, you may be liable to pay VAT and import duties.
We offer a quick, reliable delivery service for all Horse Rug products world-wide with one of our trusted carriers.
Fedex International Standard > 3-5 business days
Our FedEx Standard service offers a reliable delivery option to your door world-wide. It is available for international orders and the charges are calculated during checkout based on your destination and purchase.
FedEx International Priority > 1-3 business days
Our FedEx Priority service offers a quick and easy solution with a time-definitive delivery. It is available for all international orders and the charges are calculated during checkout based on your destination and purchase.
If you are not completely satisfied for any reason with the products you received, you have 30 days to return your item(s) from the date of delivery for a full refund.
Each item(s) you return needs to be new, unused and in its original packaging. Please note that we do not cover the return shipping costs unless the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.)
To make your return quick and hassle-free please download and fill out this form and attach it to your return parcel, then use one of the methods below to send it back to us.
To Return Your Products (International)
Use your preferred postal/courier service and send your return to:
2F Ard Gaoithe Business Park
Republic of Ireland
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.